Afghanaid is an international charity that operates only in Afghanistan. We work alongside Afghans in the most remote and marginalised areas of Afghanistan, to help them meet their survival and development needs.
Campaigns and Events
Your time and money can change lives.
Virgin Money London Marathon
Applications for 2015
Afghanaid has guaranteed places available for the April 2015 Virgin London Marathon and we would love you to join our team!
There are two quick and simple ways you can join the Afghanaid Virgin London Marathon:
1) Apply for a guaranteed place
Apply for your guaranteed place in the Virgin London Marathon through Afghanaid. As a Gold Bond runner all we ask for is a £50 non-refundable registration fee and a minimum fundraising pledge of £2,000.
To apply please fill in the form at the bottom of this page to receive a London Marathon information pack or simply click here to download our London Marathon Application Form and Terms and Conditions Form.
Alternatively you can contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 7065 0825.
2) Use your own place
Have you secured a place through the Virgin London Marathon ballot system? If so, contact Sarah at email@example.com or +44 (0) 20 7065 0825 and you can join the Afghanaid team with the same benefits and support as a Gold Bond runner.
As a runner for Afghanaid at the Virgin London Marathon you will receive:
- Regular fundraising information and a Welcome Pack containing fundraising tips, advice, and materials to get your started on your fundraising journey.
- Unlimited at-your-service fundraising support and training advice from a dedicated Afghanaid London Marathon coordinator.
- Regular team meetings to meet Afghanaid staff and former marathon runners.
- A professional Afghanaid running vest.
- Supportive Afghanaid cheerleaders along the marathon course.
- A wonderful post-marathon reception with complimentary foot massages, to which family and friends are invited.
- 10% discount for Runners Need online store
- Entry in to the Less Bounce Marathon Runners Club (Female only!) with 15% off purchases, training and profession support and free Goody Bag.
Previous London Marathons
Thank you to everyone who has helped at a previous London marathons. We appreciate those of you who came out to cheer on the runners, make food for the reception and give the tired runners a massage at the end. And a HUGE thank you to the many amazing teams of Afghanaid marathon runners!
Information packs for 2014 VMLM